If you’re serious about succeeding in IELTS, you should practise story telling.
Original story here
Read the story below several times until you understand it
Answer the following questions to show that you understand it
- Identify a collocations in the second paragraph?
- Which word means to throw?
- Which phrasal verb means to make something last longer?
- Which word means to make (someone) satisfied?
- What noise to seagulls make? (verb and noun)
- Which word means chaos?
- Retell the story in your own words
- Practise until you can tell it fluently
- Do this for other stories
You could use a story like this in Speaking Part 2 if you get asked about an interesting story in the news, or a story that made you laugh.
If you're serious about succeeding in IELTS, you'll practise telling stories
Catch you later