All you need to know about my marking service
Welcome to my marking service information page.
You should find all the basic information you need here, and for a more detailed insight, make sure you download the information packs - skip to the links download section here
How does it work?
Will you benefit from my marking service?
For more information about my marking service
Overview of how my marking service works
- Read the information on this page and download information packages including samples of my marking for Academic here or General Training here (Click to download)
- Read the documents carefully. Even if you do not subscribe to my service, you'll find the information useful. It's could be the best free IELTS lesson you'll ever get.
- If you're interested, email me to confirm your interest and to check on the current backlog. It's usually 3-4 days.
- Make the payment - usually via Paypal.
- Submit your scripts and I will confirm I've got them as soon as I can.
- Wait for 3-4 days for me to grade and correct your scripts.
Who will benefit most from this service?
You will benefit,
- if you need an extra half or even a full band score - eg if you're stuck at 6 or 6.5 and you want to get a 7
- if you're about to take the test for the first time and you want to know if you're ready yet
- if your writing score sticks out from your other skills, like the guy who sent me this:
Who won't benefit?
You might not benefit
- if you've just got a 5 and you need a 7. If this applies to you, then there are probably other things you should focus on, like your general English. See my advice on how to improve your general English here
Download the AC / GT documents
The information provided includes the following
- sample corrections
- sample model answers
- sets of questions for Task 1 and Task 2
- band score descriptors
- Task 1 and Task 2 answer sheets
Download the information packages which include samples of my marking for
How to improve your general English
If you're a full band score or more below your target score, eg if you need a 7 and you got a 5.5, then your priority should be to improve your general English.
So what can you do?
- Get as much input as possible, which means try to read as much high quality English as you have time for and listen to as much high quality English as you can.
- As you're reading and listening, use active reading and listening. I explain this in my blog post here, but it means making sure you understand everything, and try to reproduce as much as you can. For example, read a sentence and then write it down.
- Use Anki. See my posts on Anki here See my posts on improving your general English here
- Finally, be professional. Make succeeding in IELTS your number one goal in life. This makes sense as getting the right band score should help you to get into university or to meet immigration requirements. Imagine being yourself in a few years' time. Imagine looking back at where you are now. Will you be saying "I'm so glad I dedicated myself 100% to succeeding in IELTS!", or will you say "I wish I hadn't wasted all that time playing computer games"?
Submitting your scripts
Email me to get current prices or if you need more information
Let me know
- whether you're taking the GT or AC test
- what your target band score is
- what score you got last time, if you've taken it before
Send me an email
Get high band score model answers to the writing questions in Cambridge Practice Test books
- Annotated answers in which I explain what to avoid if you want to get a high band score
- In these documents I help candidates to understand what the examiner is looking for, and I explain why the answers would get a high band score
Check out and subscribe to my YouTube channel
- In this series of videos, I explain why I gave a particular score for a script.
- Find out what's going on in the examiner's mind.
- Learn how you can "play it safe" and avoid the common mistakes made by IELTS candidates.
- Each video is a free lesson all by itself
- Link here
Why should you study with me?
- I worked as an IELTS speaking and writing examiner at IDP Vietnam from 2011 to 2017.
- I’ve been teaching IELTS for over 10 years.
- In the last couple of years I’ve marked over two thousand scripts from students and given grades and feedback.
- Read some testimonials from satisfied students here