Watch this video in which I brainstormed a Writing Task 2 question about staff uniforms
In the video, I go through the process of searching the internet for ideas, and then I used the ideas to make a plan.
This is the first in a series of four videos, as follows:
- Brainstorming - that's this post
- Writing a simple paragraph here
- Creating a high band score paragraph here
- Explaining a high band score paragraph here
From the video, here is the list of ideas from the internet:
- Create an attractive business image.For better or worse, society tends to judge people by how they dress. Selecting an appropriate employee uniform can immediately establish a professional business image that attracts and helps retain customers.
- Promote your company or brand.When employees wear uniforms displaying corporate logos and colors, they help brand and differentiate their business in the markets they serve.
- Free advertising.Well designed work uniforms worn in public become “walking billboards,” promoting a company’s products and services “for free.”
- Protect workers.Uniforms deliver functional benefits, like wearer safety. For example, flame resistant (FR) workwear can help prevent injuries caused by accidental electrical arc flashes or flash fires, and high visibility uniforms can help protect workers from being struck by motorized vehicles.
- Improve security.Company uniforms featuring specific styles or colors quickly identify who does or does not belong in specific work areas or on job sites.
- Prevent product cross-contamination.Uniform programs designed specifically for the food or healthcare industries can help reduce cross-contamination threats; those constructed to dissipate static electricity can help prevent damage to sensitive electronic components.
- Foster team spirit.Work uniforms promote a sense of team spirit and a sense of belonging. This, in turn, can improve worker productivity.
- Employee benefit.Employer provided uniforms save employees money, and when provided as part of a Rental Program, eliminate employee laundering time and expense.
- Improve customer relationships.Work uniforms immediately identify company / avoid confusion / representatives who can be approached for purchasing information, thereby improving overall customer service.
- Promote company pride. Work uniforms help instill a sense of pride and responsibility and can convert employees into “brand ambassadors” outside the actual workplace
Here's my plan
|P1||Main idea (what is the paragraph about)||advantages of having staff uniforms for companies|
|Supporting idea 1||Easy to identify staff|
|S1a||Where||Shops, hotels, restaurants|
|S1b||Reason||Can distinguish between staff and customers|
|S1c||Extra info||Avoids confusion|
|S1d||Consequence||It Improves customer service / customer satisfaction|
|Supporting idea 2||It helps branding|
|S2a||Extra info||Colours and logo help branding|
|S2b||Extra info||Improve / promote the brand|
|S2c||Extra info||Walking adverts for the company|
|Supporting idea 3||Foster a sense of team spirit / part of a team|
|S3a||Extra info||Also builds loyalty / can improve worker productivity|
I suggest you take this plan and write your own paragraph, then compare it to mine - coming soon 🙂