Instructions / Advice
Before you read my answer, do the following:
Examine and understand the question
- Study the question carefully
- Make sure you fully understand it before you start your answer. Underline the key words which are things you need to include in your answer
- Decide what your position is
- Think of some ideas that support and oppose your opinion in other words – evidence / reasons / examples
- Read the question again – does your plan answer it? Have you addressed all the points?
Write and review
If you want to be your own teacher – that’s why you’re here, right? – be strict with yourself.
- Write your answer in 40 minutes
- Use a proper IELTS writing form - get one here.
After writing your answer,
- Compare your answer to mine
- Memorise some of my structures - pay attention to the grammar and lexis. Do this by using active reading – see here
- Add some of my sentences to Anki so that you'll remember them for ever - see here
- Rewrite my answer or parts of it
- Pay attention to your mistakes
- Look at it again the next day
If you’re serious about succeeding in IELTS, you need to be professional and use an approach like the one above.